A skilfully executed watercolour view of the Belgravia society church St. Peter’s Eaton Square, executed in the year of its centenary. The view shows the Greek Revival building, designed by John Henry Hakewill in 1824-27, and founded to meet the needs of the new houses being built by the Grosvenor family. Admiral Sir Edward Codrington, hero of the Battle of Navarino during the Greek War of Independence, was buried here in 1851. The church interior was burnt out in 1988 and remodelled by the architects John and Nicki Braithwaite.
St. Peter’s Church (Eaton Square)
? Dejardin St. Peter’s Church (Eaton Square) Pencil sketch and watercolour 1927 310x275mm
SKU: 4407 Category: Topography